Amazing Hemp Protein Recipes!
Hemp protein being very rich in Omega 3 and 6 Fatty Acids, helps promote a good heart health, mental health and bone health. So making good use of these Fatty Acids, here are a few recipes for you:
1. Raw Power Hemp Protein Balls
- 2 teaspoons hemp protein
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 5 tablespoons ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or alternative)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Extra ground almond for rolling (optional)
- Grind almond and flax seeds with a nut mill or high powdered food processor (or alternatively if you don’t have a grinder you can purchase pre-ground versions).
- Add all ingredients into a small mixing bowl and then mix together thoroughly using the back of a spoon and a downward pressing motion. Keep pressing and mixing until everything is moist and evenly combined. This may take a minute or two, so do stay with it.
- Divide into seven teaspoon sized parts and roll into balls (either with or without the extra ground almonds to roll in as preferred).
- Pop in the fridge or enjoy immediately any time of the day.
2. Protein Porridge
- 2 tablespoons hemp protein powder
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup berries and/or bananas
1. Put the almond milk in a saucepan and bring it to a boil, then back off the heat a bit and stir in the other ingredients.
2. Stir until creamy and sprinkle on berries, sliced bananas, or other fresh fruit.
3. Hemp Protein Bars
- 1/2 cup hemp protein powder
- 1/2 cup hulled hemp seeds
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 20 pitted dates
- 4 tablespoons cacao powder
- 6 tablespoons rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Use a food processor or rugged blender to make the following ingredients into a crunchy mixture: the hemp seeds and powder, shredded coconut, pumpkin seeds, and chia seeds.
2. Put this mixture into a bowl then use the processor to blend the following until smooth: the dates, coconut oil, cacao powder, and vanilla.
3. Pour this mixture over the crunchy ingredients in the bowl, then add in the poppy seeds and rolled oats.
4. Spread this in a baking dish to the desired thickness, making sure it’s pressed down and compact.
5. Refrigerate it for 30 minutes, and it’s ready to cut into bars!
4. Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie with Hemp Protein
- 8 Tablespoons hemp protein powder
- 2 Tablespoons peanut butter
- 2frozen bananas, in chunks
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- Ice, if necessary
Place all ingredients into a high-powered blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy immediately.