Whey to Go! Healthy Whey Protein Recipes to try…
Whey can be added to your smoothies or your cereals for breakfast, which help you with your fitness. Here are a few Whey Protein recipes that you would love.
1. Protein and Oats Breakfast Smoothie
- 1/2 cup of Instant Cooking Oats
- 1cup of non-dairy milk
- 1 banana
- 2 or 3 strawberries
- 1 scoop chocolate or vanilla whey protein powder
- Soak the 1/2 cup of instant oats(one serving size) overnight (or for 1-2 hours before consuming) in water to make them more digestible. Drain and rinse them, and then add them to a blender with 1 cup of non-dairy milk.
- Add 1 banana, a few strawberries, and a scoop of chocolate or vanilla whey protein powder, and blend! You can also add some ice if you like your smoothies extra cold!
2. Whey protein balls
- 6 scoops Chocolate whey protein
- 3 cups Instant Cooking Oats
- 15 raisins
- 1/2 cup cashews, crushed
- 2 tbsp Raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- 3/4 cup Low-fat milk
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1/2 cup Smooth Peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Shredded coconut
- Place all the dry ingredients into a large bowl (except the shredded coconut) and mix
- Add Coconut Oil to dry ingredients and stir well
- Add milk, honey, and peanut butter. Keep mixing until all ingredients are evenly mixed. (mixture will be sticky)
- Scoop some of mixture with a tablespoon and form balls with your hands
- Roll each ball in the shredded coconut
- Place the balls on a plate and refrigerate for 10-45 minutes depending on desired texture
Whip up an easy banana and yogurt smoothie, with a kick of coffee. Protein, fiber and caffeine? There’s your morning jolt!
- 1 cup chilled water
- 1tsp Instant Coffee Powder
- 1 1/2 bananas, cut into chunks
- 1cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp grated nutmeg
- 6 ice cubes
- Place all the ingredients in a heavy-duty blender(one that can crush ice).
- Blend until smooth. Serve.